Sunday, April 29, 2007

Capturing life as it happens...


, originally uploaded by willowdawn.

My Father-in-law recently passed away and as I was looking for photos for his funeral I was struck at how few we had as he was usually taking the pictures of the grandbabies. I've decided to not let that happen again, so no matter how small the occasion, photos will be taken. I wasn't interested in the technically perfect photos for Cary's memorial, I wanted to remember the times we had shared. So, yesterday we went to my Mother-in-Laws house to see long time family friends. We had a wonderful afternoon of good food and good company... and this was life happening.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

beautiful capture, I love this she's a beautiful lady!

aboutimage said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of your Grandfather-in-law.

This is a beautiful image of your mother in law. Looks just fine technically

"expression over lighiting" -Ken Sklute

Ellen said...

Beautiful. And you're so right, we need to capture more of regular life.

Lulu said...

I'm sorry about your father-on-law. Thanks for the reminder to shoot everyday life. We need to be reminded of that every now and again. :) That's a beautiful picture for the memory it holds. Treasure it forever.

Christie said...

I'm sorry about your loss. :(

I think this is a lovely conversion and such a nice moment.

I really LOVE and appreciate how you capture these little unstaged moments. It's inspiring.

willowonthewater.com said...

Thank you all for your kind words. It WAS a lovely day, but also very sad as it was the first time we had been down there without the agenda of dealing with his estate. The first time we were just relaxing, and I kept expecting him to come downstairs or pipe up from the kitchen. It was a big reminder that we never know what the future holds (he was killed in an auto accident) and to capture and hold on to memories. I know it had to be hard for my Mother-in-law too.

Danna said...

you are so right, I think we all forget how special all the little ordinary moments really are.