Saturday, July 14, 2007

Also on the home improvement menu...


storm door (41 of 47)-11.jpg, originally uploaded by willowdawn.

I've been painting the bannister and railings of our staircase in preparation for the new hardwood floors. See the dark inside my daughter's room... that will be throughout the entire house, save the two upstairs bathrooms. Painting all those nooks and crannies is a pain! Going to put the flooring in the hall this afternoon. Someday this house will be pretty... someday this house will be pretty... someday this house will be pretty...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

well, from what I've seen you sure do have a beautiful big home!!! And what makes it even better you have fixed it up all yourselves! Thats the amazing part of the beauty!

willowonthewater.com said...

Jennifer, I feel blessed to have this house... but it's killing me! It's not a huge house, but definitely the largest I've ever lived in. (1800 sq. ft. but has an unfinished basement that we had hoped to finish, which would add another 900 sq. ft. ) We are the smallest house in our neighborhood. I just keep repeating to myself... One day this house will be pretty! We WILL be done before Christmas as we have a HUGE open house scheduled. If not, I might just drown myself in any one of the dozens of gallons of paint scattered around here! :o) I can't wait to post before/after pics. It will definitely be worth all of the difficulties... when it's finally done.

Christie said...

yes, it will be pretty someday. it's hard to appreciate the little changes when you have such BIG changes in mind, isn't it?

the banister looks nice and you will love having hardwood floors.

In-Focus said...

We're just finishing up some little details in our 10-month kitchen remodel...so I know how you feel...like you're going to live in a construction zone forever...

But I love those floors you're installing!