Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen!

It's been a productive and quiet week.  Little one is in Iowa with her grandmother, visiting her great-grandparents.  Hubby is in Estonia, and the oldest is in school 7 hours a day...

So I've made myself complete some tasks that are more difficult with the normal interruptions of life.  I've put together my welcome packet (printing as I type), assembled one of two sample Asuka books, and next on the list to make my business cards and appointment reminder cards.  I hope to be done today, so that tomorrow I can fix the little details left over from home renovation projects.  But I was tagged by Christie, and while I'm not sure which "tag" I'm supposed to answer, I'll take a stab at both of them... 

"8" Interesting Things
  1. I'm adopted.  I spent almost 6 years as foster child.  My older brother and I are siblings adopted together.
  2. I've been to every state except for Alaska.  I will get there.  
  3. We move a LOT!  My oldest daughter has lived: California, Texas, California, Hawaii, Florida, California, Rhode Island, Florida, Hawaii and now Virginia.  My youngest joined us in Florida the first time.  
  4. I home school my youngest daughter.  I've home schooled the older one as well, for 5th and 8th grades.  We play it by ear each place we move. 
  5. I'm a gourmet cook.  I love to bake and cook.  
  6. My birth family has been briefly written about in a book by Peter Coyote.  
  7. I'm very mechanically inclined.  The best compliment my extremely talented older brother once gave me was "You'd be a better mechanic than me if Mom hadn't taken the time to teach you all that girl stuff."  I lived in the garage with my dad as a little girl.
  8. I told my mom that I was going to marry my dad when I grew up.  When she mentioned that she was already married to him, I told her she could live next door.

"4" of Everything

Jobs -
  • Manager of the Business Center at Office Depot (back when it was called Office Club), 
  • Recruiter for Physical/Occupational Therapists,Supposed to be sales for Canon Copiers, but really I just made color copies for artists and graphic designers.  I think it's were I developed my eye for color.
  • Sales @ Macy's
  • Sales @ Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma (twice - the discount is hard to ignore!)
Places I've lived - We'll go with the last four...
  • Virginia
  • Hawaii
  • Florida
  • Rhode Island
Favorite TV Shows - 
  • Law and Order
  • Scrubs
  • The Daily Show
  • Gilmore Girls
Places I've been on Vacation - 
  • Okinowa
  • Canada
  • Maine
  • The Big Island of Hawaii
Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Princess Bride
  • The Princess Bride
Favorite Dishes - This is harder than Movies...
Places I'd Like to Be - 
  • Camden, Maine
  • Salem, Massachusetts
  • Sonoma, California
  • San Francisco, California
Musicians You've Probably Never Heard of but Really Should Know - 

7 comments:

Michael said...

I'll second that Maverick grits recipe. Any grits with chorizo,ham and shrimp is good to me :-)

willowonthewater.com said...

Mike - You must make them... they are SOOOO good. If you're ever in Charleston, lunch at S.N.O.B is worth it. YUM!

Jennifer said...

wow thanks for sharing all those things about you! I feel I know you a little more! You've done a lot of interesting things! Oh and the baby post below I don't know if you already told you but I love them all so precious!

willowonthewater.com said...

Jennifer - it's funny, when I start to compile my life, it's been a pretty interesting one. I have to remind myself that it is, in fact, out of the ordinary. I have to remind my children of that too, as they often don't appreciate the blessing of the military lifestyle.

aboutimage said...

I love these tags...so cool to know more about everyone. Now I'm hungry just thinking about what a great cook you are, lol -- well that and I haven't had lunch yet

Ariana Sullivan said...

That was really fun to read about you.
It's really cool that you were adopted with your brother.

I've moved a lot, too. At least once a year since birth, lol.

I didn't know you homeschooled. That's awesome!

Christie said...

willow, you crack me up! you are SO funny! i loved reading about you. sorry it was so confusing for which tag to answer. lol