Wednesday, April 25, 2007

No photo today...

as cameras were not permitted in the hall last night, but I just had to share about Loreena McKennit with everyone. If you have not heard her music, RUN to http://www.quinlanroad.com/ and check her out. Fourteen years ago, I was walking past The Nature Company in a mall (do those stores still exist?) and heard music that captivated me. I turned in, not even notifying my friends that I was shopping with, and requested to buy the album that was playing. Many CD's later, I finally had the opportunity to hear her live at the DAR's Constitution Hall in Washington DC. She travels with 9 of the most talented musicians and it truly was a magical night. I'd have her music playing on my blog, but apparently I'm too old to figure this stuff out! But seriously, go listen and enjoy!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you had fun and hey if you want to look for her music to put on your blog check out www.imeem.com, then just paste the code below into you blog1

Christie said...

This is an awesome song! I can totally hear it coming out of one of those nice nature stores in the mall too. :)